LP (liquefied petroleum) is a highly versatile gas, which can provide heating, cooking, hot water and gas fires in compact and easily moved cylinders. This efficient energy is a cleaner alternative to coal or oil releasing less Co2 per unit of energy.
Gas is one of the cleanest and most economical fuels available to customers in Ireland and with Éireann Gas this clean burning, non-toxic, smoke-free and versatile fuel can save you money against traditional energy supplies.
In the event of a gas leakage, it’s important to reduce potential danger by following the steps listed below.
- Turn off all flames, ignition sources and gas appliances.
- Do not switch on or off any electrical equipment.
- Increase ventilation – opening all doors and windows.
- Turn off the gas supply at the source.
- Notify the appropriate emergency services.
In the event of a fire:
- Raise the alarm to everyone on the premises.
- Call the Fire Brigade.
- Do not go near any gas cylinder or tank in the vicinity of the fire.
- Turn off the gas supply – but only if it’s safe to do so.